“But rains pour down upon us, storm clouds darken the skies and we get lost in the storm. Have you been there? Wandering in the darkness, crying out only to be greeted with utter silence?"

~ Lesley Hitchens ~



"God puts rainbows in the clouds so that each of us in the dreariest and most dreaded moments can see a possibility of hope.”

~ Maya Angelou ~

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Tornado Warnings


The county west of us had three different tornado warnings last night. I was sure we would get one here but we did not. However I was watching the weather and looking outside. It was quite ominous looking.


We lost power for a few hours shortly after this. Thankfully my brother-in-law had power and was texting me updates on what the weather was doing. When we lost power I really did start to get nervous. Fortunately I have a battery/crank radio so I listened to a local station with that since WiFi was knocked out too.I honestly was getting nervous for a little bit there.

How are we when storms in our lives come in? When the tornado siren goes off in our lives and we don't know if there really is one barreling at us or just a really bad storm or best case, a glitch?

How about when we have known for a while it's coming?

Sometimes the best thing you can do is pray.... Yet even then sometimes debris will hit you from where you least expect. Standing firm and deeply rooted in our faith is the best way to survive the storms. Always remember there is a rainbow on the other side, even if we don't always see it.


Blessings!
~ Special Momma ~

No comments:

Post a Comment