“But rains pour down upon us, storm clouds darken the skies and we get lost in the storm. Have you been there? Wandering in the darkness, crying out only to be greeted with utter silence?"

~ Lesley Hitchens ~



"God puts rainbows in the clouds so that each of us in the dreariest and most dreaded moments can see a possibility of hope.”

~ Maya Angelou ~

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. 
She never existed before.  The woman existed, but the mother, never. 
A mother is something absolutely new. 
~ Rajneesh ~


Today my post is late. It's almost bedtime and I'm just now getting to this.... Today is Mother's Day. Many celebrate this day but many grieve on this day as well. Many different reasons..... Yet all of us at one time or another have been either a mother or touched by one who is a biological, surrogate or even a friend we see as a mother to us.

I am a blessed momma no matter how crazy the journey can get. God choose my children for ME and my husband to raise. Special needs or not, God choose them. I have NO regrets!

There is a line from a movie that says, "No fate but what we make." Sometimes things in life happen that we can't control but we can control how we act. Ever seen the movie Mom's Night Out? It's one of my favorites! Yet in there, us mommas ultimately decide how we will act to things around us. We claim victory and we also fail.

Moms, never give up. No matter how bad a day is, wake up the next morning and start fresh. Your children will see that and admire you for it, even if you nor they see it now. Stand strong and be the mother your children need and that God choose you for. No matter what, you will also never forget the day your children were born, wether you got to hold them or not, the day they enter this world you will never forget. April 1st was my daughter, March 19th was the day I learned of my miscarriage, June 13th was the day my son was born. Those are all days forever etched into my memory along with many more. Just as we don't forget, God doesn't forget either. We are God's children as well, no matter where we are in our walk and in our faith. We just need to remember to seek Him just like we seek out our children and they us.


My storm today: I'm tired and we did have a tornado warning during church. My tablet sounded that alarm during prayer this morning!!
My rainbow: Today was a good day honestly. I am blessed to have my husband and my children. All three of them even if only two of them are with me.

What's yours?

Blessings!
~ Special Momma ~

No comments:

Post a Comment