“But rains pour down upon us, storm clouds darken the skies and we get lost in the storm. Have you been there? Wandering in the darkness, crying out only to be greeted with utter silence?"

~ Lesley Hitchens ~



"God puts rainbows in the clouds so that each of us in the dreariest and most dreaded moments can see a possibility of hope.”

~ Maya Angelou ~

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Rest stop

"Parenthood, to me, was like a giant swimming pool. I saw other people in the pool and they looked okay. And, tentatively, I put my foot in the water. Suddenly, someone grabbed me from behind and threw me in the deep end of the pool. In the deep end! How unfair!"


http://www.ellenstumbo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/I-never-thought-I-would-become-a-special-needs-parent.jpg



That's how the journey begins. It's like you are ready to go then you get started then you wind up lost. You don't have the proper maps, the GPS doesn't work properly and you are just totally lost in the middle of nowhere. As you wander around lost, you stumble onto a rest stop. You go in there to find out your journey is not what you thought it would be but you are helped to at least begin a different one. One that will take you not where you first planned but where you are destined for. The one that God designed for us to be on.






The Denison pic is that of our favorite rest stop just as we get into Texas going to Dallas. We almost always stop in there. One of the best rest stops that I have seen.We will see that rest stop again in July. That is when my son gets his first major surgery of God knows what..... Again I had to consent to the day and agree to this. It's not my first go round with this but it sure isn't any easier either.

Recently I went to Fayetteville for my son to have therapy evals done. I went twice. The first time I was leaving and the GPS messed me up. Does this look like a road that would take me to the interstate??




No it doesn't even though it was pretty to see. Had my GPS not messed up, I would have never known about this long gravel road and seen how pretty it really was out there. Imagine this in the peak of fall!! You never know what the journey will bring or take you...

The storm is coming though..... Storms come as does rainbows but I know a big storm is coming yet I know we will make it on the other side of that one too. More gray hair probably but still.... :) Beauty can be found within. No telling what families we will meet this time in Dallas. Our journey has many blessings along with the storms.

Reality hit me today after I got that phone call from Dallas. Reality hit again when I was arranging with the pediatrician's nurse the weekly shots and blood draws my son will have to have starting next month to prepare for his surgery. She and I got some laughs but also had to talk serious stuff. Surgery, therapy, swallow study and more..... Big stuff coming up this summer..... I will also get my first experience at driving a mini-van in a big city. It's been 8 years since I drove one. Yeah... Pray for that. lol


Right now I'm listening to Still by Hillsong. Remembering this:

Hide me now
Under Your wings
Cover me
Within Your mighty hand
When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You above the storm
Father you are King over the flood
I will be still, know You are God

May I rest in the Lord....


Rest in the Lord
By: Melissa Whitney - I think

Based on Psalm 37:7, "Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him..."

Often we are tried and troubled
Many a care have we;
Jesus knows each thought, each feeling,
He sees what we can’t see.
He knows that every flame He sends
Will only purify;
Every flood can wash us clean
When He is by our side.

Rest in the Lord; wait patiently for Him
He will be your light when the way has grown dim
Rest in the Lord; wait patiently for Him
He will guide you, walk beside you
Just trust in Him.

When we cannot see why
A problem must arise
Jesus knows the end will make it
Worth our flooded eyes
He works each circumstance together
As part of His wise plan
He only asks we trust Him fully
And, by His grace, we can

Rest in the Lord; wait patiently for Him
He will be your light when the way has grown dim
Rest in the Lord; wait patiently for Him
He will guide you, walk beside you
Just trust in Him.

Things and people change
Though we wish they’d stay the same
Jesus is the only one
Who doesn’t ever change
He’s always there to lead and guide us
Be our faithful friend
His love can never, ever fail
He’ll be with us to the end!

So rest in the Lord; wait patiently for Him
He will be your light when the way has grown dim
Rest in the Lord; wait patiently for Him
He will guide you, walk beside you
Just trust in Him.

Written January 2005


My storm: Finding out the day my son gets his first major surgery today...
My rainbow: Knowing I have friends and family praying and supporting us.

Blessings!

~ Special Momma ~

No comments:

Post a Comment