“But rains pour down upon us, storm clouds darken the skies and we get lost in the storm. Have you been there? Wandering in the darkness, crying out only to be greeted with utter silence?"

~ Lesley Hitchens ~



"God puts rainbows in the clouds so that each of us in the dreariest and most dreaded moments can see a possibility of hope.”

~ Maya Angelou ~

Friday, May 8, 2015

Storms and Rainbows



"There's very few things in this world as terrifying as looking into the entity known as the tornado ... I can try to convey to you the fear, my fear .... Grabbing my son to my chest as I'm praying I have all his meds and bottles, frantically reaching for my daughter's  hand..... Begging her to hold tight to her brother in back seat of my Jeep during our mad dash to our good friends and neighbors storm shelter..... Climbing down into the shelter, down steep stairs into a dark hole..... Hearing the roar of the 185 mph wind sheer as the tornado slams into our area..... then the eerie silence as we enter the eye of the storm, no sounds at all.... no birds, no wind, no insects.... All of a sudden, a terrifying sound, like that of a freight train comes barreling toward you... And then you blink, the rain is now softly falling and through what's left of the tree tops you see a rainbow....Congratulations you've just been witness to The majestic power of Mother Nature in all her beautiful fury..."
~ Celeste Seidenfus ~

She has survived many storms, both literally and in her life. She's a dear mom in my life who has helped me through my journey with my two gems, just like she has two gems. She has seen and heard more then many.... Yet when my son was born with craniofacial too, she reminded me that just because both of my kids share the primary diagnosis like her two share theirs, it doesn't mean my son's journey would be the same... So true.... My son's first MRI confirmed it.....


As hard as it can be, no matter how bad it gets, there is hope at the end of it. There really is..... It's hard to see sometimes.

Crazy how some scenes in movies will bring memories of the past in. There is so little that so many really know about me. I truly am a survivor and in my 30+ years, I have probably seen and lived through more then most of you.
Each of us have lived through a level of 'hell' at one time or another. The question is, will we help each other through it after we have already walked it ourselves, usually alone. God is always with us but even sometimes at the darkest most painful times we have to ask ourselves, will we draw nearer to God or will we rebel and pull away? Will we go through the storms and see the rainbow at the end or will we only see the storm?

Something to think about...


Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you."


Blessings!

~ Special Momma ~


1 comment:

  1. My storm for yesterday...I got wrote up for being too slow in processing clothes at work.
    My rainbow is that today I am off and don't have to even think about work or any of the pressures.

    ReplyDelete