“But rains pour down upon us, storm clouds darken the skies and we get lost in the storm. Have you been there? Wandering in the darkness, crying out only to be greeted with utter silence?"

~ Lesley Hitchens ~



"God puts rainbows in the clouds so that each of us in the dreariest and most dreaded moments can see a possibility of hope.”

~ Maya Angelou ~

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Mile Markers

"Make no mistake: We are people of the journey. That is how God shapes us and our character for the destination. We long for and hope for the ending, but it's already decided. The journey is what shapes us into God's image."
~Ralph Winter~


I met with a friend some time ago who went through a Bible Study with me. Something she said stuck with me.

Mile markers. You know those signs on the interstates saying what mile you are on vs what exit number is ahead and also how many miles to different cities.




She reminded me to look back at the mile markers we have had on the journey. What areas impacted us the most, good and bad and where God was in that. I shared of several instances of that. Yet to think of them as mile markers was new to me. I'll never drive on an interstate again without going back to our conversation on that. And I know thoughts will circle in my head as they always do when I travel, just perhaps despite the unknowns ahead, I will remember the past mile markers in this journey and see just how many more are ahead of us. Yet in that, not forget that God is on the road with me every step of the way.



One Day at a Time
By: Cristy Lane

One day at a time, sweet Jesus
I'm only a human, I'm just a woman
Help me believe in what I could be and all that I am
Show me the stairway I have to climb
Lord, for my sake teach me to take one day at a time.

One day at a time, sweet Jesus
That's all I'm asking from You
Just give me the strength to do everyday
What I have to do

Yesterday's gone, sweet Jesus
And tomorrow may never be mine
Lord, help me today, show me the way
One day at a time

Do you remember when you walked among men?
Well Jesus, you know, if You're looking below, it's worse now than then
Cheating and stealing, violence and crime
So for my sake, teach me to take one day at a time

One day at a time, sweet Jesus
That's all I'm asking from You.
Just give me the strength to do everyday
What I have to do.

Yesterday's gone, sweet Jesus
And tomorrow may never be mine.
Lord, help me today, show me the way
One day at a time....



My storm today: Attitudes
My rainbow today: Finding out yesterday afternoon that insurance will cover my children's surgeons as in-network for a year!

What's yours?

Blessings! 

~ Special Momma ~

No comments:

Post a Comment