“But rains pour down upon us, storm clouds darken the skies and we get lost in the storm. Have you been there? Wandering in the darkness, crying out only to be greeted with utter silence?"

~ Lesley Hitchens ~



"God puts rainbows in the clouds so that each of us in the dreariest and most dreaded moments can see a possibility of hope.”

~ Maya Angelou ~

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Introduction

As the first post of this blog is, I will share what this blog is going to be about. I hope to post daily but I may not always get to. This blog is intended to be where we can remember what our Christian walk really is about. Christ. We have hard days and we have easy days. We have storms and we have rainbows. We have times where it seems so dark that we can't see any light at all. Yet when we see that single star, it outshines the darkness.

This blog will be to encourage not just myself and remind myself on bad days that there are rainbows and light in the dark but to help any of you who reads this.

So let me begin with my first post.

We went to Arkansas Children's today with my eight year old daughter. Routine to often go there or to Dallas. She has been on a medical journey eight years now and my ten month old son began his when he was born. I have often had times where I can see God's blessings upon us and know He was speaking to me and other times where all I seem to hear is silence. Silence is hard. It is then when we need encouragement the most.

Today on the way back from Arkansas Children's I felt like God was leading me to create this. It is all about finding that Midnight Light and the Rainbow in the Storms.

My first "devotional" I guess one could call it will be written tonight and shared sometime tomorrow. Tonight's post was to introduce this blog and what it will really be about. Finding the rainbow in the storm no matter how hard it's raging.

What was your storm today?
What was your rainbow?

I will end each post on here like that. Feel free to either think about that on your own or share your answers in the comments of each post.

My storm today was: Getting up at 5am to make sure we got to Little Rock in time.
My rainbow was: Feeling led to create this.



See you tomorrow! (Forgive that this site is still under construction...)
~ Special Momma ~


The storm may be raging all around us but: He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

No comments:

Post a Comment