“But rains pour down upon us, storm clouds darken the skies and we get lost in the storm. Have you been there? Wandering in the darkness, crying out only to be greeted with utter silence?"

~ Lesley Hitchens ~



"God puts rainbows in the clouds so that each of us in the dreariest and most dreaded moments can see a possibility of hope.”

~ Maya Angelou ~

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Growing

Yesterday while driving back from Little Rock I saw what appeared to be white iris tossed on the side of the road blooming. They looked to be just thrown away, wasted, abandoned yet they grew. Growing where they were planted.



See how flowers and grass bloom in the elements and sunshine but can't covered up and sheltered. I took this pic on the way home yesterday as well. Under the bridge, there isn't much light or water so especially where it's shadowed nothing can grow. It has no light to it. Through some of the cracks weeds break through but not where it's dark. In order to grow and thrive, it has to be exposed to the sunlight and also to the rain.

Just like with us, we have to be exposed to the sunlight and storms of our life in order to grow. We sure don't like it but it's how we not only grow in our faith but also in our trust in God.

I'm going to end this post with a favorite story of mine. Puts it in fantastic perspective.

The Tea Cup
An American couple went to England to celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary.  They loved antiques, pottery and china. In a little China Shoppe, they both singled out a beautiful tea cup on the top shelf. “May I see that?” He said, “I’ve never seen a tea cup like it, it’s beautiful.” But suddenly the tea cup spoke, “YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND, I haven’t always been a tea cup. There was a time when I was red and I was clay. My master took me and rolled me and patted me over and over. And I yelled out, “Let me alone!” But He only smiled and said, “Not yet.”
“Then I was placed on a spinning wheel,” The tea cup said, “and I was spun round and round and round. “Stop it, I’m getting dizzy.” The master only nodded and said, “Not yet.”
 “Then he put me in an oven. I’ve never felt such heat. I wondered why He wanted to burn me and I yelled. I knocked at the door, I could see Him through the opening and I could read his lips as He shook his head and said, “Not yet.” Finally the door did open, “Whee!” I said, and he put me on a shelf and I began to cool. “There, that’s better”, I said.
Suddenly He brushed me and painted me all over and the fumes were horrible and I began to gag. “Stop it, stop it!” I cried. He only nodded and smiled, “Not yet.” And suddenly He put me back in the oven, twice as hot as the first one and I knew I was going to suffocate. I begged and I pleaded and I screamed and I cried. All the time I could see Him through the door, shaking His head and saying, “Not yet.”
Then I knew that there was no hope and I would never make it. I was ready to give up. But the door opened, He took me out and placed me on a shelf. An hour later He handed me a mirror and said, “Look at yourself,” and I did, and I said, “That’s not me, that couldn’t be me, why that’s beautiful.”
“I want you to remember,” He said then, “I know it hurt to be rolled and patted, but if I had left you, you would have dried up. I know it made you dizzy to spin around on a wheel but if I had stopped you, you would have crumbled. I know it hurt and it was hot and disagreeable in the oven, but if I hadn’t put you there you would have cracked. I know the fumes were bad when I painted you, but you see, if I hadn’t done that you would never have hardened and there would have been no color to your life. And if I hadn’t put you back in that second oven, you would not have survived very long and the hardness would not have held. Now, you are a finished product, you are what I had in mind when I first began with you.”

In Phil. 1:6 it says, ‘I am confident of this very thing, that He who hath begun a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus’

    Where are you in God’s perfect plan for your life?

    Written by: Unknown

The moral of this story is this: God knows what He's doing for each of us. He is the Potter, and we are His clay. He will mold us and make us and expose us to just enough pressures of just the right kinds, that we may be made into a flawless piece of work to fulfill His good, pleasing and perfect Will.

So when life seems hard, and you are being pounded and patted and pushed almost beyond endurance; when your world seems to be spinning out of control; when you feel like you are in a fiery furnace of trials; when life seems to 'stink', try this.



"I may not be out of the dark yet. I may not be standing in full sunshine. But the moon has risen in the dark, and it’s full, and it’s bright, and I can imagine the sunlight on the horizon. For now, that’s enough."
Quoted from HERE



What was your storm and your rainbow today?
My storm: Fighting myself in wondering when my son will get evaluated for possible therapies.
My rainbow: Seeing my children smile and laugh at me.

What's yours??

Blessings!
~ Special Momma ~

No comments:

Post a Comment