“But rains pour down upon us, storm clouds darken the skies and we get lost in the storm. Have you been there? Wandering in the darkness, crying out only to be greeted with utter silence?"

~ Lesley Hitchens ~



"God puts rainbows in the clouds so that each of us in the dreariest and most dreaded moments can see a possibility of hope.”

~ Maya Angelou ~

Friday, April 24, 2015

Beauty from ashes


As I talked about yesterday, many times what we see, want, think burns down. We are going along with our plans, our lives then BOOM! It crashes upon us. It crushes us and causes us pain. When we face the storms, what is left is the ashes. What is left has to be rebuilt but it won't be the same.We must rise up and find the beauty from the ashes.



The truth is, suffering is a universal human experience, it is not dependent on a diagnosis. We are all broken people living in a broken world. None of us are exempt from suffering.
~ Ellen Stumbo ~



"When the storm passes and the sun shines again, it's clear to see the damage. The heartache truly sets in as we begin a new journey."
~ Susan Guy ~


Yet sometimes what does get rebuilt, the new journey becomes better then what we had before. Often what gets rebuilt, we see the blessings in that too. We are never the same but we do change.

My first pregnancy went well. I never dreamed or imagined that we would begin a life of medical appointments and surgeries. That reality didn't sink in till we got the first official diagnosis when she was three months old. My next two pregnancies I was more aware. When I miscarried, I went through the grief of it. The day my angel would have been due, I found out I was pregnant with my son. The whole pregnancy I wanted to enjoy but couldn't totally because of the fears of another loss. The miscarriage changed me. Yet on the flip side, it made me more grateful and more willing to enjoy the little things. Beauty from the ashes.

The day my childrens' pediatrician confirmed the craniofacial with my son, I had to find the beauty in the ashes. And I have. His laugh is contagious and he flirts with everyone. That's just the start. When I found out he has Chiari Malformation, I had to find the beauty in that. I am honestly still trying for that one..... Yet I have no regrets. I do not! My children no matter what are worth it. God gave me my two gems and they will indeed shine as God allows them to and they are willing to.

Those who know who my children are, know they are special gems. Literally.

No matter how dark the storm, crash, trial, etc is, beauty, the rainbow, light, etc can always be found. Even if it's just a sliver, it is still there. God uses these storms to help us grow in our faith.

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. Isaiah 43:2 NIV

Waiting
Abiding
In
Trust!
W-A-I-T

Always remember this on your journey as well. It's not always easy, that's for sure....

My storm today: Still waiting to know what's next for my son....
My rainbow today: Caffeine! ;)

~ Special Momma ~




No comments:

Post a Comment