“But rains pour down upon us, storm clouds darken the skies and we get lost in the storm. Have you been there? Wandering in the darkness, crying out only to be greeted with utter silence?"

~ Lesley Hitchens ~



"God puts rainbows in the clouds so that each of us in the dreariest and most dreaded moments can see a possibility of hope.”

~ Maya Angelou ~

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Light vs Darkness


Light does overpower darkness!


How far away can a single candle flame be seen in darkness? If Earth were flat, or if you were standing atop a mountain surveying a larger-than-usual patch of the planet, you could perceive bright lights hundreds of miles distant. On a dark night, you could even see a candle flame flickering up to 30 mi. (48 km) away. Our eyes can see a galaxy 2.6 million light-years away. That's just our human eyes!

“I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars." Og Mandino

Think about a night light. It's not bright. During the day, you don't really see it at all but at night, it is the brightest so therefore it lights a path. A lighthouse helps boats come to shore. There is also a lighthouse at the Ronald McDonald House in Dallas. It is there so those at Children's Medical Center can see it and know their family is staying there. Jesus also calls himself the Light.
John 8:12 says, "Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, "I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won't have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life."

No matter how dark the journey is, there are lighter days ahead and in the meantime, find some light. It may feel like the room is the blackest ever but just one candle can light up an entire room. It's crazy to say but sometimes I find the best solace at night. Though sometimes at night, also brings the biggest thoughts..... Good or bad...




However, we also have two special gems. So, to that I will remember too that it only takes a little light through those gems to shine beautifully like a rainbow that fills a room. May my two special, darling gems shine brightly, no matter how little or how much light is within and around them.


How will you let your light shine?


My storm today: Cranky baby
My rainbow today: My sonic drink! ;)

What's yours?


Blessings!
~ Special Momma ~

No comments:

Post a Comment