“But rains pour down upon us, storm clouds darken the skies and we get lost in the storm. Have you been there? Wandering in the darkness, crying out only to be greeted with utter silence?"

~ Lesley Hitchens ~



"God puts rainbows in the clouds so that each of us in the dreariest and most dreaded moments can see a possibility of hope.”

~ Maya Angelou ~

Friday, June 5, 2015

With God, all things are possible? Really???

I had this saved on my tablet so I could read it later. I finally did last night after my last post. Needless to say, I saved it on Facebook to look back on later. I will share it here then post some thoughts with it. Tonight's post was going to be a little different than this but it will totally fit.

How to pray when you're worried:

"For some people, prayer has become simply worrying out loud. You hear it in their voices when they pray aloud in a group; you see it in their expressions when they utter their prayer requests.
Maybe you aren’t a chronic worrier, but you’ve experienced enough apprehension about the terrible possibilities in life to know that anxiety is jeopardizing your relationship with God. You know it’s time to gain control over the anxiety that has crept into your life.
You also know how to do that. You need to cast your cares on Jesus, because He cares for you (1 Peter 5:7). But knowing that and doing that aren’t the same thing. Maybe you need a fresh way of understanding how that happens.
"Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers” (Philippians 4:6 MSG). That’s how a popular paraphrase of the Bible describes the process of casting your cares on God in prayer. Ask God for what you need, praise God for who He is, and watch as those constant worries become transformed into peace-producing prayer.
Faith in God cancels out worry, but the opposite is also true: worry cancels out faith in God. Don’t allow worry to displace your faith in God—you’ve come too far to let that happen now.
Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are.
Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life."

Ouch..... That honestly stung me.... Yet as my mentor mom would ask me, "What will you learn with this?"

Well......

I will say I will learn to better keep the faith. I will better learn to give to God my petitions AND not take them back. Yet I battle it ALL the time. Different things often but not always do I try to keep control of.... Yes, control.

Yet yesterday as I was driving, I felt the urge to go by my church and get a pic of the cross that's there and have the sticker that's on my windshield show with it. This is what I got.



I have faith and trust that the insurance drama we are having right now will be settled before my son's surgery.... I have to. God has proven himself too many times for me to doubt now.... Besides, without any faith, we would all go crazy....... Look back and reflect on all of the times God has proven himself to you.

Keep the faith! (And the chocolate!!)

Cheers!
~ Special Momma ~





No comments:

Post a Comment