“But rains pour down upon us, storm clouds darken the skies and we get lost in the storm. Have you been there? Wandering in the darkness, crying out only to be greeted with utter silence?"

~ Lesley Hitchens ~



"God puts rainbows in the clouds so that each of us in the dreariest and most dreaded moments can see a possibility of hope.”

~ Maya Angelou ~

Monday, June 15, 2015

Faith

Faith isn't just believing but it's action as well. Peter stepped out of the boat in the storm when Jesus said to come out. Abraham left his country when commanded. He too stepped out on faith that God would provide.

Why do we struggle so much with faith?


I was sitting outside today waiting to meet someone I was buying a lighthouse print from. Today I have been in a bleh mood.
I have tried to not fret about the surgery coming up and the Medicaid fun we are having but today it's been in my head all day. I heard Hymn For The Missing by RED and got to thinking about the child I miscarried. Without that loss, I wouldn't have my son yet I couldn't help but also wonder what would his/her journey been like? What would they look like? Personality? Would we be where we are now? I mean that question in several ways.

Today was bright and sunny with a few clouds. I prayed, "Lord, if everything with this upcoming surgery is going to be okay, especially financially right now, I wish to see a double rainbow today please...."

Now, that's going kinda far right? I had not seen the forecast today but from the looks of the sky, it was a long shot to see that today. Still God can do anything. Nothing is impossible with Him.

About 90 minutes or so passes and I happened to glance outside as it's down-pouring. I ran outside with my umbrella just to see since the sun was out too. This is what I saw.






See the double rainbow, especially in the last pic?? This rain shower lasted maybe 10 minutes if that. The rainbow disappeared pretty quickly. The whole time I was thinking of how much of an idiot I am for letting this stuff get to me..... Yet I am weak......

Sometimes I wonder if I will ever totally just get it..... When I will see that God has proven Himself plenty of times that things will work out. Yet the next storm, worry, whatever kicks in and there I go again.......

Anyone else with me on this? I know the closer it gets to my son's surgery in Texas, the more of a struggle I will have with the fretting and stuff but seesh..... Eight years of medical stuff and I still don't keep the faith as I should.

Yet God showed me today, even when at least I doubted rain today. Yet I got the double rainbow anyway.

God is good!

Blessings!
~ Special Momma ~

No comments:

Post a Comment