“But rains pour down upon us, storm clouds darken the skies and we get lost in the storm. Have you been there? Wandering in the darkness, crying out only to be greeted with utter silence?"

~ Lesley Hitchens ~



"God puts rainbows in the clouds so that each of us in the dreariest and most dreaded moments can see a possibility of hope.”

~ Maya Angelou ~

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Roaring Lion


Both pics are credited to Atif Saeed. When he was taking the pics, this lion started to charge at him. He made it to safety.

How many times do we roar at others? I call myself a momma bear and I have to roar often for my kids yet I also try to stay tactful and respectful in the process. I stand my ground though. There is a difference between standing your ground and being hateful.


No matter how upset we are with things, we must remember that the other person often either doesn't understand our feelings or is just doing their job. Recently we have been fighting with Medicaid issues. Thanks to one of my favorite pediatric nurses, we have made some headway but nothing decided yet. As much as I want to get on the phone and roar to get things done faster, I can't do that. Another good example of staying nice is this week we got our water bill. Many bills were printed on the wrong paper and was done on the ones they use for overdue balances. I called to make sure our account was okay. The poor lady I talked to said they had over 100 calls already that day and I was the nicest one thus far that day. Seriously..... Out of over 100. I was trying to have a sense of humor about what happened because I knew our account was balanced. Yet I made her day just by getting answers but being respectful and kind too.

Sometimes we have to remember that we can't get blood out of a turnip BUT honey catches more flies then vinegar does. So stand your ground, explain your case BUT be respectful and watch your tone as you do.

Go catch some flies!


Blessings!
~ Special Momma ~

My storm: Worries honestly over everything working out in time for my son's surgery coming up, especially insurance and finances....
My rainbow: Seeing the cross at our church tonight and remembering that with God, all things are possible. I'll go into that tomorrow.








2 comments: