“But rains pour down upon us, storm clouds darken the skies and we get lost in the storm. Have you been there? Wandering in the darkness, crying out only to be greeted with utter silence?"

~ Lesley Hitchens ~



"God puts rainbows in the clouds so that each of us in the dreariest and most dreaded moments can see a possibility of hope.”

~ Maya Angelou ~

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Oceans




Yikes, I didn't plan on not posting this long... It really has been crazy busy here, yet good.

I have always wanted to make an ocean/beach theme in one room of the house. Slowly I have been doing that for the master bedroom and our bathroom. The kids' bathroom is between Faith and Frog themes. Thanks to some birthday money and sales at Hobby Lobby, I am close to having our bedroom/bathroom done.

To me, there is just something about the ocean at night that is just tranquil. Too bad I'll never own a beach house let alone vacation to the beach anytime soon but still. The pic posted is one I found online and did print out to hang up in my room.

This one is the wallpaper on my phone.




The beach again yet in the midst of the storm. As calm as the seas can be, storms quickly blow in and cause havoc. Think of hurricanes as well.




Honestly I like the pics I have of both. (I want to print and hang eventually) Why? Because it reminds me that God is in control of the seas when they are calm and also when they are raging. Just like in our lives, He is in control. Sometimes when you are in the midst of the storm, all you can do is lower the anchor, stay steadfast and wait it out..... Who is your anchor? Yourself or God?

Sometimes I struggle with that one but I know if I try to rely on just myself, I get so stressed and worn out as a start..... When the ship (us) is sailing and we know we are about to fall into the abyss of life, who are we holding on to?

Sorry about the flash....


So who is your anchor?




Blessings!
~ Special Momma ~

No comments:

Post a Comment