“But rains pour down upon us, storm clouds darken the skies and we get lost in the storm. Have you been there? Wandering in the darkness, crying out only to be greeted with utter silence?"

~ Lesley Hitchens ~



"God puts rainbows in the clouds so that each of us in the dreariest and most dreaded moments can see a possibility of hope.”

~ Maya Angelou ~

Monday, June 29, 2015

Seeds and planting

Remember the Bible story about where seeds were planted? I have felt this on my heart for a few days now but it's been so crazy here I have not been able to post much. This may honestly be my last post for a bit as my son's surgery is quickly approaching and there is still much to deal with there. I won't leave for good though, I promise that. So here's a message to last at least a few days.

Here's the Bible verses first.

Matthew 13 New International Version (NIV)


The Parable of the Sower

13 That same day Jesus went out of the house and sat by the lake. Such large crowds gathered around him that he got into a boat and sat in it, while all the people stood on the shore. Then he told them many things in parables, saying: “A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants. Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown. Whoever has ears, let them hear.”
10 The disciples came to him and asked, “Why do you speak to the people in parables?”
11 He replied, “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. 12 Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. 13 This is why I speak to them in parables:
“Though seeing, they do not see;
    though hearing, they do not hear or understand.

14 In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah:
“‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
    you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.
15 For this people’s heart has become calloused;
    they hardly hear with their ears,
    and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
    hear with their ears,
    understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.’[a]

16 But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear. 17 For truly I tell you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it.
18 “Listen then to what the parable of the sower means: 19 When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in their heart. This is the seed sown along the path. 20 The seed falling on rocky ground refers to someone who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. 21 But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away. 22 The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful. 23 But the seed falling on good soil refers to someone who hears the word and understands it. This is the one who produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.”


Basically what it is saying is that when you share your faith, your testimony, you don't know who all will take it to heart. Some will take it and not bother, some will take it, try to live "right" then give up and yet others will accept and grow in their spiritual walk.

The pic posted here to me says a lot because you never know what will grow. Not much will grow from the middle of something like asphalt or even rocks yet sometimes it does.



One thing to take away from this is that even when you plant seeds, don't assume that those you talk to don't take it at all for what you are sharing. There are people out there who will accept Christ when we least expect. There are quite a few in prisons who become Christians in there. Even mass murderers I'm sure. The gift is free to anyone. No one sin is worse then another in God's eyes.

If you truly want to accept Christ into your heart, then read this out loud or at least in your heart.


Dear God in heaven, I come to you in the name of Jesus. I acknowledge to You that I am a sinner, and I am sorry for my sins and the life that I have lived; I need your forgiveness.

I believe that your only begotten Son Jesus Christ shed His precious blood on the cross at Calvary and died for my sins, and I am now willing to turn from my sin.

You said in Your Holy Word, Romans 10:9 that if we confess the Lord our God and believe in our hearts that God raised Jesus from the dead, we shall be saved.

Right now I confess Jesus as the Lord of my soul. With my heart, I believe that God raised Jesus from the dead. This very moment I accept Jesus Christ as my own personal Savior and according to His Word, right now I am saved.

Thank you Jesus for your unlimited grace which has saved me from my sins. I thank you Jesus that your grace never leads to license, but rather it always leads to repentance. Therefore Lord Jesus transform my life so that I may bring glory and honor to you alone and not to myself.


Thank you Jesus for dying for me and giving me eternal life in Heaven.
Amen


My start as being a Christian was very rough as I was also living in a group home at the time. Yet over the years I walked away somewhat from the faith yet I came back. No walk is perfect yet remain steadfast. Seek wisdom and guidance daily. It's not easy, I will say that but it is so worth it. God has been so faithful for us and I know He will you.

Please feel free to leave a comment if you wish to share that you accepted Christ or have questions.

Blessings!

~ Special Momma ~


No comments:

Post a Comment