“But rains pour down upon us, storm clouds darken the skies and we get lost in the storm. Have you been there? Wandering in the darkness, crying out only to be greeted with utter silence?"

~ Lesley Hitchens ~



"God puts rainbows in the clouds so that each of us in the dreariest and most dreaded moments can see a possibility of hope.”

~ Maya Angelou ~

Friday, November 13, 2015

Glowing in the Dark

I have had this in waiting working on it but then never got back to it.... Sorry about that... Life tends to sometimes get crazy....

Anyway,

This was another snippet that came from our revival recently with Ken Freeman I wanted to share about.


We all have seen things that glow in the dark. Things from stars to cups to stickers to paint and even on some clothing. Yet what does it take to glow in the dark? It doesn't just do it on it's own does it? No. Glow in the dark doesn't work without light. The longer and brighter the light is, the brighter and longer the glow will last before it dims out.

Even if you break it, it will still glow as long as it's been exposed to light before being in darkness.

Yet a glow stick, you have to break it before it will glow, however it can only glow once and then it's over. You can never make that glow again.

How are we going to be? Will we stay in the light so therefore when it is dark, we will stay glowing till it is light again? Though we may dim over time in the darkness, we will still be the brightest thing showing in that darkness.



That time in the darkness can really test us..... On bad days I try to listen to uplifting music only but there are a few that I listen to that reflects my mood. Away from the Sun by 3 Doors Down is one of them.



"It's down to this
I've got to make this life make sense
Can anyone tell what I've done
I miss the life
I miss the colors of the world
Can anyone tell where I am
'Cause now again I found myself so far down
Away from the sun that shines into the darkest place
I'm so far down away from the sun again
Away from the sun again
I'm over this
I'm tired of living in the dark
Can anyone see me down here
The feeling's gone
There's nothing left to lift me up
Back into the world I know
'Cause now again I found myself so far down
Away from the sun that shines into the darkest place
I'm so far down away from the sun
That shines to light the way for me
To find my way back into the arms
That care about the ones like me
I'm so far down away from the sun again
Oh no yeah
It's down to this
I've got to make this life make sense
Now I can't tell what I've done
Now again I found myself so far down away from the sun
That shines to light the way for me
'Cause now again I found myself so far down
Away from the sun that shines into the darkest place
I'm so far down away from the sun
That shines to light the way for me
To find my way back into the arms
That care about the ones like me
I'm so far down away from the sun again
Oh no yeah"
That's a song about depression. Depression can be some of the darkest times in one's life..... Yet no matter how dark it gets, the light we have no matter how bright, will be seen the best the darker it is. The thing we have to remember is to cling to the Light, no matter what. Never lose the faith no matter how dim life seems in the moment, it will get better.... We all just have to hang on for the ride and see who can hang on with us through it. Look at it like this, at least we can have fun watching how funny some look falling off our ride that was given to us. I just pray that we ourselves don't..... And if we do, it doesn't hurt too badly to get back up and keep going.... We have no other choice....





Yet think of this too which is what I will end with.
How far away can a single candle flame be seen in darkness? If Earth were flat, or if you were standing atop a mountain surveying a larger-than-usual patch of the planet, you could perceive bright lights hundreds of miles distant. On a dark night, you could even see a candle flame flickering up to 30 mi. (48 km) away. Our eyes can see a galaxy 2.6 million light-years away. That's just our human eyes!

How incredible is that?! Focus on the light, no matter what. This is a dark world, so how will you be the light for someone else?

Blessings!
~ Special Momma ~

No comments:

Post a Comment