“But rains pour down upon us, storm clouds darken the skies and we get lost in the storm. Have you been there? Wandering in the darkness, crying out only to be greeted with utter silence?"

~ Lesley Hitchens ~



"God puts rainbows in the clouds so that each of us in the dreariest and most dreaded moments can see a possibility of hope.”

~ Maya Angelou ~

Monday, August 17, 2015

James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17


"God has not given us these children to punish us. Their lives were not an accident; they are not an anomaly in God’s eyes. In His perfect wisdom, He chose to give us the children He did. God knew the route would be difficult, but He’s given us an excellent guidebook. God has placed a challenging and oftentimes wearisome calling before us, but He’s equipped us for the task!"

― from "Unlocking the Treasure: A Bible Study for Moms Entrusted with Special-Needs Children"


Ever struggle with that? Even if you don't have children with special needs, they can be a struggle sometimes to raise.....

We are still fighting to get things done that need to be. My son has been without his therapy for a while now thanks to Medicaid issues. We are fixing to head back to Dallas to his surgeons soon for follow ups. Yet other things have been bearing into my head recently.

There are two songs I listen to often. In light of that, I wrote this recently:

"My mind is sharp, my soul yearns yet my heart battles being buried beneath the ashes of being burned.... The ashes fall like snow and the smoke from the burning still permeates. I walk through the ashes, my footprints alone behind me. My skin is covered in powered ash, my lungs burn with it. The more I walk, the deeper the ash gets, the stronger the smoke from the burning fills my nose.
How long till I'm buried beneath? How long till I become ashes myself? How long till my heart is saved of this? How long will the flame in my soul burn? How long till the ashes choke the flame?
My mind is tired, my soul aches as the ashes continue to fall like snow. I walk alone in the burning fire. I see the images of a few silhouetted in the shadows of the falling ash but they can't reach me. I hear them calling from a lost and distant shore. My heart wanders lost and wounded, wondering where to go from here. Miles and miles lie ahead if the burned down world around me. Miles and miles ahead of ash that gets deeper and deeper.
I know in my soul that there is lush green ahead, somewhere in the distance that my eyes cannot see yet.
I see glimpses in my dreams but I am not there yet. I pray that the ashes from the burning doesn't bury me first."
Inspired from Hymn for the Missing and Let it Burn by RED.

Are you feeling like the ashes are burying you? Does it feel like the life you thought you would have is burning down and burying you? Does the reality really feel that bad? Take heed and know that it won't last forever.....




In the story about the man born blind, the disciples asked Jesus, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”

“Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him.
John 9:2-3

"Does our suffering always result directly from personal sin? No. Through the life of Job we see that there are times we simply do not know why God allows certain pain and suffering to come into our lives. But what we can know for certain is that God is good. He is a loving, kind, merciful, patient, and immensely personal God. God is in control of this world—and our lives—and we can trust Him. In times of deep pain it’s good to rehearse what the Bible tells us about God. Psalm 103 is a wonderful place to start! The LORD is merciful! He is kind and patient, and His love never fails. The LORD won’t always be angry and point out our sins; He doesn’t punish us as our sins deserve. How great is God’s love for all who worship Him? Greater than the distance between heaven and earth! How far has the LORD taken our sins from us? Farther than the distance from east to west! Just as parents are kind to their children, the LORD is kind to all who worship Him, because He knows we are made of dust. The LORD is always kind to those who worship Him, and He keeps his promises to their descendants. Ps. 103:8–14,17 (CEV)"

― from "Unlocking the Treasure: A Bible Study for Moms Entrusted with Special-Needs Children"

Nothing is in vain if we learn and grow from it. Good or bad.

Blessings!
~ Special Momma ~

No comments:

Post a Comment