“But rains pour down upon us, storm clouds darken the skies and we get lost in the storm. Have you been there? Wandering in the darkness, crying out only to be greeted with utter silence?"

~ Lesley Hitchens ~



"God puts rainbows in the clouds so that each of us in the dreariest and most dreaded moments can see a possibility of hope.”

~ Maya Angelou ~

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Open Letter (Pt. 3)

Last post on this topic, which if you have read the first two, you know I covered A LOT already.

To be honest, when I first sat down to start this one, I knew there would be a post but I wasn't sure what all needed to be said. Then I went last night and saw God's Not Dead 2. I thought the movie was good, like the first one, in fact, better.  Looked it up online and it had 9% on Rotten Tomatoes YET a crude comedy like Sausage Party got 82% as of the check I did last night after I got home.....

Why is that? This society would rather see crude sex filled movies and TV over anything family friendly and especially faith based.

The other day I was with a group of Christian women. Most of them decided to go see the movie Bad Mom. I was curious and read up on that. Now I'm not perfect, I mean I admit one of my favorite novels and movies is The Green Mile. Yeah, not what you would call Christian..... But movies like Bad Mom and Sausage Party really set the tone for what people want to watch, even Christians and those of other conservative faiths. Is that what we want others to see within us? If movies like those make huge bucks, then more like those will be made.....
Everything that we put into our hearts will eventually come out of our mouth. Everything.

Grace Wesley: I would rather stand with God and be judged by the world, than stand with the world and be judged by God.

Soon enough and in fact court cases have already proven it, we will all to some degree or another face judgment for our faith.

At the end of God's Not Dead 2, Pastor Dave was arrested for refusing to turn in his sermons per a supena that all pastors had to follow.

Think it's absurd? Rest assured, it's coming. The question then will be:

WILL YOU STAND FOR YOUR FAITH, EVEN ALONE OR WOULD YOU RATHER KEEP THE PEACE AND JUST BE SILENT?

SILENCE IS THE ENEMY OF TRUTH! 


Why do you think there is so many issues in politics? No I'm not going to start that one but think on it. Because nobody wants to tell the truth and when truth is revealed, it's covered up, especially by the media. Even when some of the truth comes out, it's so altered towards either right or left wing that it is completely biased for either side. That's NOT TRUTH!




If' it's not 100% truth, then it's a lie. Period!


I would rather stand with God myself than the world. Yet for all of us, it's a struggle. It's like we want to do what is right but struggle just to do it! "I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out." Romans 7:18

If you don't tell them the truth the world will tell them what they want them to know!
Romans 10:14-15
"But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them? And how will anyone go and tell them without being sent? That is why the Scriptures say, “How beautiful are the feet of messengers who bring good news!"

Another quote I have heard was this: "The nail that sticks up, gets hammered down."

The one who doesn't play by the rules, doesn't go with the crowd, doesn't bend to what the world says to do vs their faith, is the one who gets attacked the most. Yet sometimes those attacks really test us all..... The worst thing we can do to each other is to punish and isolate or label those who are suffering with the wright of this world. One of the worst things we can do to each other is to gossip and label other brothers and sisters in Christ, bad example at best and really damaging to the one being gossiped about and yourself at worst.

These three open letters to all say that so many need prayers, love and support..... This country needs wisdom and guidance to do what is morally right.......


I'll end this with something that was shared the other night that I heard. There is a company that takes used, empty water bottles and turns it into clothing. Yeah, plastic into clothes. Used, empty and worthless trash to warm clothing. Think about it.
No matter how used, empty or worthless you think you are, or feel you are, YOU are and will continue to be transformed into treasure. Even if the worldly view of treasure is different than God's view, God's ultimately is all that matters.

God turns all trash into treasure.


Blessings!

~ Special Momma ~






No comments:

Post a Comment