“But rains pour down upon us, storm clouds darken the skies and we get lost in the storm. Have you been there? Wandering in the darkness, crying out only to be greeted with utter silence?"

~ Lesley Hitchens ~



"God puts rainbows in the clouds so that each of us in the dreariest and most dreaded moments can see a possibility of hope.”

~ Maya Angelou ~

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Ronald McDonald House


I can't tell you how many times I have walked these halls.





Or how many times I have seen this lighthouse at night


Or how many times I have sat in the rocking chairs either here on the porch or upstairs near the teen room. I have made calls that I hated to make and others that I was excited to make. Tears have fallen at times in these chairs......


I can tell you though that many kids love playing outside, including my daughter over the years and soon enough, my son. He already loves the playroom inside.


And many families enjoy seeing the meditation garden. Sorry for the glare.... It's a peaceful spot to just think... As if we don't do enough of that....


Many families are grateful for the beds to sleep in. Yes, that's an older pic of my daughter.


And many more are thankful for all of the staff and volunteers who run and cook for the House.

So many of us parents have watched our kids play in the playroom and seen the DART train whizz by the nearby rail yet all the while hearing and watching the Southwest jets taking off from nearby Love Field.

So many can look out and see the Dallas skyline at night and also see the nearby Children's Medical Center's blue lights illuminating the night sky.




I can't tell you how many late nights I have had here where I anxiously awaited d-day appointments or the nights before surgeries, yet in the quiet of the night, many of us find solace here.

To me the House is a place of HOPE. It is also a place of miracles, as my children are. 

It is a place I have been to more times than I can count in the last eight and a half years. I still have many years to go before our journey with Dallas is over. As I wait on news of what is next for my son's journey tomorrow, I wanted to reflect today on what the Ronald McDonald House means for families like mine.

Please support your local Ronald McDonald House. The one in Dallas costs a flat 15 a night without assistance, meals covered. A hotel is around 80-90 after taxes. No meals covered except maybe breakfast. For a 5 night stay, that equals to 75 vs 400 minimum. That's just to sleep, let alone eat. Often families have to stay much longer than that. Think on that.

Blessings!

~ Special Momma ~
 

2 comments:

  1. My daughter and I are part of the RMD family too in 2006. I donate biweekly to the Providence, Rhode Island RMDH where we stayed while my daughter was hospitalized in the NICU at women and infants. I am forever grateful that they allowed me to stay with them. we lived out of state from where she was medflighted and I was going to have to go home till the hospital told me about this wonderful place. They truly cared for me while I was there between a room, food, someone to talk and cry with, and transportation to and from the hospital. Without them I would not have been able to be there and with my daughter as much as I was. I was able to be there to make important decisions regarding my daughters health and life which may have been the difference between her being here today i am so blessed and thankful to be a part of this family. PRIRMDH family 2006 ♡

    ReplyDelete