“But rains pour down upon us, storm clouds darken the skies and we get lost in the storm. Have you been there? Wandering in the darkness, crying out only to be greeted with utter silence?"

~ Lesley Hitchens ~



"God puts rainbows in the clouds so that each of us in the dreariest and most dreaded moments can see a possibility of hope.”

~ Maya Angelou ~

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Lost

This was something I wrote almost a year ago.


Lost
By : Carol Andrews

11-7-14

I could feel you within my heart
but the storms in the night pulled you away from me.
I called out your name but I can't speak above the thunder.
The rain is pouring out, beating upon my ravaged soul.
I reach for you but you aren't there.
I know you are out there but you are far away from me.
I can't feel you beside me now.
Where are you now?
Are you lost, or is it me?
Will I find you again?
I feel alone in the darkness without you.
I know I will see you again but when?
I can barely hear you with you so far.
Are you still in this storm or are you on shore?
If you are looking for me, leave your footprints on the midnight shore.
I may someday find you again.
Are you searching for me?
Can you see the storm tearing me apart at sea?
Will I ever find shore again?
As the night grows darker, the more blind I am.
In faith I step out toward my heart.
I am falling into despair.
The storm is drowning me to the eternal darkness.
To the place where eternal dreams are nightmares.
As I take my last breath I plea to you.


"Save me!" I whispered, as the darkness drowns me.
I look up and you are grasping the hand that is above my head.
I feel you pulling me up from the depths of hell.
I feel your strong grip as you shield me from the storm.
"Where were you Lord when I needed you?"
"I was there, you only had to call out to me."





Inspired from the song Hymn for the Missing by RED

There is always hope in any storm, even if we are about to drown in it....





~ Special Momma ~


No comments:

Post a Comment