“But rains pour down upon us, storm clouds darken the skies and we get lost in the storm. Have you been there? Wandering in the darkness, crying out only to be greeted with utter silence?"

~ Lesley Hitchens ~



"God puts rainbows in the clouds so that each of us in the dreariest and most dreaded moments can see a possibility of hope.”

~ Maya Angelou ~

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Just Keep Swimming.....





Faith over Fear




This post is dedicated to all of the rare, special gems out there, and especially to those of us who care for these gems, parents, grandparents, nurses, doctors and so many more....



Though all of us are on different paths, we all have one thing in common. We all have to keep swimming. We all have to remember faith over fear. We all have to cherish the little things because it is those little things that will help us move forward when the big things happen. Almost all of the families that I know in this journey have one thing in common. The brain..... In one way or another, neuroscience is our main artery with each other. When one hurts, we all hurt, even if we don't know the other person well.

Many of you know I love listening to Audiomachine. I was listening to a playlist on YouTube and this song came on as I heard about little Vera getting a flight to Children's Friday night. Also last week another friend's little boy was life flighted. Thankfully he is doing okay now. However I learned last night Vera gained her wings.... Another one has been ill in the circle also. And there are so many others out there, some I know, some I do not. I bet every one of you reading this know someone who has been blessed with a special angel yet know they struggle sometimes, and sometimes they struggle daily.... Yet Vera means "Faith" and "Truth" and I know we all could use that...


Angel Vera with her momma. Click here to help them in this time.
Posted with permission.
Pic taken by https://www.facebook.com/TheRedFlare/


As each of us continues on our own journey with our precious gems, let us remember what happens when you shine light in a gem. When a gem radiates light it makes rainbows.








Not a lot will see those rainbows in life. There are some in this world who flat out refuse to see the rainbows within our gems. Some live in darkness. They are hard-hearted and cold. Often they don't see that they are till a bright enough light breaks through them. God can use anyone to do that. Sometimes it take tragedy to bring that..... What crashes around us can leave us so broken yet sometimes that brokenness brings a new dawn of hope......

We have to remember that sometimes each other is all we have. God is with all of us. Yet God uses each of us for something, for a purpose.

Now I will admit I have often struggled with this journey. (No brainer there) I have struggled with bitterness, anger and frustration. I have struggled with where my place is. I have struggled with if God really loves me and if I'm the exception to that love the Word says. I struggle with why bad things happen and what the purpose is in that. I have struggled with the unknown, I wrestle with it often. Especially with my son, there is a lot I don't know about. Things I wish I had answers for as to why this or that. Yet so many of these gems don't even think on all of that. They just live. They bring joy. They bring light.

Yet when the candle in their soul goes out, we all know it...... We all feel it. Yet I truly believe that they would want us to keep their legacy alive. They would want us to shine that light for them. To be there for others on the journey just starting, or those having a bad day, or another diagnosis or even when the entire world crashes and they are told "There's nothing more we can do."

That song that's stuck in my head right now to me resonates as a battle song. Going to war. War often means death and destruction yet out of the ashes of war so much can arise from it. So many of our kids are at war, some don't know it, some do. Us parents sure know it. Often we are the ones wielding the swords and shields going to battle to protect our rare gems from things of the world.

Our faith and love for our children is our greatest weapon. Yet sometimes we still lose the war...... But did we really lose the war when one of our gems gains their wings? I don't think so.

We can still shine on. We can still show their legacy through us. I think deep down, we all know our precious and bright gems would have it no other way.



Let's go out there and show our light. Be like the children who are always happy, who smile through chemo, through shots, through surgeries, through yet more tests, through stays in ICU, through hell and back yet they stay strong. Let those children teach us how to do it. Let those children remind us to do the same for those around us. You never know who you will meet and change forever...... Even if it's in the waiting room.... Or a Facebook group.....

Remember my PICU story? Had I not already been there, no telling who if anyone would have been able to comfort this family.

Nurses and parents are on the front lines every single day..... They are the first ones to run to a child's hospital room and start CPR, cry for help, give meds, help with the meds, laugh with them, hold them, hold the bucket as they puke, tell them it will be okay when the child is sobbing because of this or that. Yet ask almost any nurse and parent and they would tell you they would not have it any other way. Why? Because they know they make a difference.

Faith and Truth..... Let's all have a little bit of Vera in us. Shine our light within us because you never know who needs it nor do you know who will be changed by it. Let's go out there and make a difference in those around us.








Matthew 5:14-16
“You are the light of the world. A city set on a a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.


Blessings!
~ Special Momma ~


No comments:

Post a Comment