“But rains pour down upon us, storm clouds darken the skies and we get lost in the storm. Have you been there? Wandering in the darkness, crying out only to be greeted with utter silence?"

~ Lesley Hitchens ~



"God puts rainbows in the clouds so that each of us in the dreariest and most dreaded moments can see a possibility of hope.”

~ Maya Angelou ~

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

See us roar!

"Life is the right of every child. Not a special privilege for the fortunate, the planned and the perfect."



I made my own meme of this little boy with his mommas permission. His story has made it to many pages, including GMA! This meme has had almost 300 shares since 6:30 last night!

This kind of thing happens too often. On a slightly different line, a majority of the pictures of people who are ill (especially children) that encourage you to like/share/say amen to are pictures that have been stolen from a genuine person, who is probably totally unaware that their picture is being used. Jameson didn't do anything to deserve this. There's more on the inside that just what you see and everyone is beautiful in their own way.

This pic is a little old but it went "viral" not long ago with a nasty meme comparing him to looking like a dog. So, with his mom's permission, I made my own meme and I hope it goes much farther than the mean one did. It had over 5000 shares. I would love mine to go even farther. United voices are much louder.

http://www.facebook.com/andrews.cw/posts/10206827503379646

Click on the above link, it will take you to my profile page where you can share the pic and get our voices heard! No, I cannot accept a ton of friend requests but I do accept followers. This link also will share our story.

Jameson and so many other kids don't deserve to be treated badly. God created these gems, so who are we to call HIS gems ugly? Who are we to tell a parent they can't have more kids because of a risk of facial defects? Are they really DEFECTS? I don't think so. Yeah, doctors are required. Surgeries are required yet how we all look is what makes each and every one of us unique. Instead of telling shining gems they are ugly or they should have been aborted or whatever else, why don't we instead help them shine? Polish them so they shine even brighter. It is those with "special needs" who are the rarest of gems and who are often the gentlest of souls that has not allowed the world to harden them.

We need more of that!!!



The stories don't always end well, as I have seen and followed many over the years yet most will tell you that they don't regret their journeys. I don't regret mine. I may have a few more wrinkles for mine but so be it. My gems are totally worth every one of them. And personally, most who meet them would say the same. And for those that don't agree with that, maybe our gems in this world will eventually soften their hearts so they can really see.

Blaming the parent for trolls is like blaming the gun for a murder. It's not the gun's fault, it's the fault of the ones choosing to act horribly. In Jameson's case, his momma was trying to share his story to bring about awareness and his picture was horribly used.


Here is what I made for my kids. I fight back with this and I stand with Jameson with it. I won the lottery with my kids. A rare syndrome and both have. And my son has even more rare things. Rare, shining gems indeed! 





Our kids are rare. Rare gems that don't deserve to be abused in ANY way, by ANY one. Gems deserve to be treated well and to SHINE.






Go out there and shine your Light children. God created you so let your light SHINE! Shine even in the storm when the world is pounding on you.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." Matthew 5:16




Blessings!
~ Special Momma ~

No comments:

Post a Comment